Sunday 25 April 2010

Another Brick In...

The Wall, City of London, EC2N 1HU
A large group of us decided to head here for a friend's celebratory birthday lunch as it didn't appear as bad as other options we had and we could use somebodies Taste London card to get half price food which brought the food closer to price it probably should have been to start. I actually liked the semi-smart decor and I thought the place had nice relaxed vibe but this could be down to it not seeming as busy as most of the pubs would be round here. Service was laid back and the beer selection was very poor so just had pint of Staropramen which I used to really rate but feel it's been out done by much better Czech style lagers in the last couple of years.

Char-Grilled Chicken Breast Burger in a foccacia bun with cos lettuce, red onion, mayonnaise and chunky chips
I went of this simply because I fancied some chicken for a change, when the dishes came I'd wished I'd gone for the fish and chips which was server wrapped in newspaper or the lamb burger which was served with Tzatziki. The chips were just mr McCain's best oven variety, standard uninspiring pub grub, probably won't go back here any time soon.


View Tales of the Undigested in a larger map

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't that bad for a pub in the City at lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just wasn't that good either though?

    ReplyDelete