Saturday 27 March 2010

West-End Fast Food

The Porcupine, Leicester Square, London, WC2H 0BS
Not a bad pub considering its location amongst so many horrible places and I was pleasantly surprised that they had a few decent guest beers on offer. it's all very old fashioned really inside with the dark wood with glass and leather topped stools. I went for a guest ale called Amber Ale I'd not seen before surprisingly with the name and photo of Brian Turner (a ready, steady, cook regular) adorning it. But it is a really good light IPA style brew with reasonable floral hoppyness and I'd consider ordering again if I come across somewhere else.

Gaby's, Leicester Square, London, WC2H 0DE
Been here before and no doubt I'll end up here again but that's not a bad thing, this place has character but all it is a takeaway really you just happen to sit down. The food is healthy and simple but when I go here I'd always go for either salt beef, falafel or humous and that's exactly what we did. We had tender salt beef if a lovely chewy bagel and falafel with houmous in pitta, everything seems to come with a different but simple salad generally with a couple of crunchy pickled chillis. Good value for money, good food and quick service means this is always a place that'll come to my mind if I need a fast feed round here and it even stays open as late as a lot of takeaways.


View Tales of the Undigested in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment