Wednesday 3 February 2010

Super Sunday Leeds United

The Albion, Bethnal Green, E2 8QY

Who would've thought I'd end up watching the Leeds vs Tottenham FA cup game in a West Bromwich Albion pub in East London. I'd searched this place out as wanted to watch the game in non-chain pub and not be surrounded by prats downing pints of Fosters.
It's hard not to notice the place walking past with its Albion colours and badges everywhere, I was immediately served and found a good spot for the game while I waited for my friend to arrive.
The beer selection was minimal but a couple of cask ales available including Timothy Taylor's Landlord which I opted for and it was good for a London pint of Landlord - cynical Yorkshire man coming through.Being a down to earth pub near Bethnal Green there were plenty of slightly stereotypical cockneys who seemed more interested in having competitions with their mates about who could get the most 'c' words in a single sentence. Rather than detracting from my enjoyment this heighten it when Leeds equalised in the last minute of extra time and they all gave a little lacklustre and resigned 'fucking Leeds scum' and promptly left - perhaps I might have overdone my celebration a little without acknowledging they were directly behind me, but it sure made my Sunday.


View Tales of the Undigested in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment