Tuesday 11 May 2010

Wellington's Wifi

Duke of Wellington, Dalston, London, N1 4BL
Popped in here on a wifi hunt during the afternoon, always thought it looked nice when I've passed but never ventured in before. Nice old pub which is quite big but split into different rooms so doesn't feel massive even though I was first customer of afternoon, it had filled up a bit by the time I left. Pleasingly there was good music playing on the stereo (Johnny Cash and Talking Heads albums) and the required wifi was luckily in place. There were three good looking ales on tap as well as the mandatory continental lagers. I opted for a pint of Sambrook's Breweries Wandle which is a light summer ale, very nicely hopped with quite a bitter aftertaste - very nice but if I see it again somewhere I'll probably try something else first. The menu for food looked ok with homemade mainly traditional pub grub and a few gastropub favourites thrown in and it's on my list of places to try the food now.


View Tales of the Undigested in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment